Our museum has a collection of many excellent artworks with the theme of 'a connection with Okayama Prefecture'. The 'Okayama Art' exhibit which showcases these works, exhibits different Japanese paintings and writings every month and different Western art and industrial crafts every three months. In addition, we hold special exhibits and themes through which works from a variety of eras and genres can be enjoyed.
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (entry until 4:30 p.m.)
On "Art Evenings", and other days with evening hours, until 7pm (entry until 6:30 p.m.)
- Monday (Tuesday, if a public holiday falls on Monday)
/Year End and New Year holidays /other days for changing of exhibits
|Individual||Groups(20 or more persons)|
|Adult||350 yen||280 yen|
|University / college Student||250 yen||200 yen|
|Elementary, Junior or Senior High School Student||Free of charge||Free of charge|
|Over 65 yrs||170 yen||140 yen|
The following people will be exempted from paying entry to the “Okayama Art”exhibit.
- Holders of a physical disability certificate or the like (includes one care-giver)
- Foreign exchange students currently attending a school in Okayama Prefecture(student ID is required)
Decided each time depending on the exhibit.
* Please don't touch exhibits.
* Please refrain from using a fountain pen, a brush or a camera in front of exhibits or reproducing them.
* Please refrain from smoking, eating, or drinking except in the designated places.
- 15 minutes on foot
- Take the street car bound for "Higashi-yama".
- Get off at "Shiro-shita". 3-minute walk.
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Mondays and Museum Closed
(Open on holiday Mondays
and close on the following Tuesdays)