We hold a number of events to deepen understanding of art. In addition to those listed below we also plan a number of events including talks given by artists, and lectures by outside speakers. For more information, see our homepage, pamphlets, or ask our friendly reception staff.
Art Museum Lecture
Our museum curators gives lectures almost every month.
90min, no charge
4th Friday of every month. 6pm－7pm
With opening hours extended until 7pm, the curators speak about and in front of the Okayama art and any special exhibits that are on.
Advance bookings not required, tickets required.
We have various experience-based workshops designed to deepen understanding of art and artworks and to bring participants closer to the museum.
“Gallery Talks” by volunteers
From 11 am and 1 pm on Saturday, Sunday, Public HolidaysListen to our volunteers introduce works from the “Okayama Art” exhibit while viewing the works. No booking required. 30 to 60min
Interactive Appreciation Tour
3rd Sunday of every month from 2pm
Enjoy a tour of the Art Museum while chatting with our friendly guide staff. No booking required. Approx 50min
For schools and organizations wishing to visit We also have programs available for group viewings at the museum. Bookings are required in advance. For more details, please see our website or contact us directly.
- Open Hours:
- - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (entry until 4:30 p.m.)
On "Art Evenings", and other days with evening hours, until 7pm (entry until 6:30 p.m.)
- Days Closed:
- - Monday (Tuesday, if a public holiday falls on Monday)
/Year End and New Year holidays /other days for changing of exhibits
- admission Fee :
Okayama Art Exhibit (Permanent Exhibition) Individual Groups(20 or more persons) Adult 350 yen 280 yen University / college Student 250 yen 200 yen Elementary, Junior or Senior High School Student Free of charge Free of charge Over 65 yrs 170 yen 140 yen
The following people will be exempted from paying entry to the “Okayama Art”exhibit.
- Holders of a physical disability certificate or the like (includes one care-giver)
- Foreign exchange students currently attending a school in Okayama Prefecture(student ID is required)
Entry Fee for Special Exhibitions and Planned Exhibitions
Decided each time depending on the exhibit.
* Please don't touch exhibits.
* Please refrain from using a fountain pen, a brush or a camera in front of exhibits or reproducing them.
* Please refrain from smoking, eating, or drinking except in the designated places.